What We Offer
Allies for Change is a network of anti-oppression educators who provide workshops, trainings, and consultation for individuals and organizations committed to social change. Allies for Change was founded by Melanie Morrison, who serves as executive director. Born of the conviction that personal and institutional change are inseparable, Allies for Change provides innovative programs that seek to address the whole person – body, mind, and spirit.
The workshops and seminars listed below are facilitated by Allies for Change Training Partners. For additional information about these programs and the training partners, please see the Allies for Change website.
Examples of Workshops & Seminars
- Doing Our Own Work: An Anti-Racism Seminar for White People
- Building Alliances, Sustaining Institutional Change: A Social Justice Institute
- Disability Justice – What Role Can You Play? A Workshop for Nondisabled Allies
- Understanding Privilege and Oppression
- United We Stand: Working to End Racism and Homophobia in Our Communities
Examples of Lectures & Keynote Speeches
- Restoring Hope: the Sacred Work of Confronting Racism and White Supremacy
- Beyond Good Intentions: The Role White People Must Play in the Work of Racial Justice
- Solidarity Not Charity: The Work of Allies in the Struggle for Disability Justice
- Radical Genealogy: Examining our Ancestors through the Lens of Race and Racism
- Staying Power: Becoming Long Distance Runners for Justice